Thursday, July 23, 2009

Days before...

I recently returned to the States from a month long journey to Vietnam! I basically stayed in Hanoi (Northern Vietnam & the capital city) the entire time. Though, I traveled to Hue (the Imperial City) and to Hoi An (a more touristy, but beautiful city) for a weekend.

"Why Vietnam, why don't you go to Europe?," most everyone I knew exclaimed when I told them about my proposed excursion.
To put it simply, it was between Beijing and Hanoi. This would be my first time out and about alone. I knew one person in Hanoi, my friend and co-worker Card. So, there you go. I decided to start out my true traveling experience with a friend close by. I'm glad I did.

These next few blog postings will take the form of what I'm calling, hindsight-documentation. I am aspiring to convey the experiences I had in Vietnam as honestly as possible. After all, hindsight is 20/20. Also, I am a lazy person and did not take notes during. I am hoping continuing this task will reinforce my memory of such a great trip as well as encourage others and myself to go at it again when funds are available. Hopefully, I will have the time to add a video experience to this blog! We'll see.

For now, enjoy 'em as they come!


No comments:

Post a Comment